Alt + Z
Alt + X
Alt + C
Alt + V
General Information for Guest Students and Staff
It is possible to create a Learning/Teaching Programme in the following study programmes: Journalism and Social Communication, English and German Philology, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Physical Education and Nutrition Science. The students may choose subjects from different semesters and different study programmes. Before creating a final Learning Agreement in each case the possibility of foreign students’ participation in the organised activities is confirmed with the respective faculties by the Institutional Erasmus Co-ordinator.
The potential candidates should check with the Institutional Erasmus Co-ordinator if all the courses they want to choose are available by sending a list of courses which they want to take.
The detailed course lists within the above-mentioned programmes is provided under the links below:
Journalism and Social Communication Programme
Academic year 2022/2023, spring semester:
the deadline for nominations is: 25.11.2022
deadline for applications is: 30.11.2022
The University retains the right to close the application procedure earlier and to conduct the selection procedure if there are too many candidates.
By 10.12.2022 the students should send, attached as PDF documents, signed scans of documents to the address firstname.lastname@example.org:
2) Application form for housing, if necessary
3) A scan of the colour photograph in jpg format, size 50kb (236x295 pixels), recommended quality: 300 dpi. The photo should be of your head only, a passport photograph is ok.
4) a scan of the identity page from the candidate’s passport or a document confirming his/her identity (in case of EU students). If the students do not yet have the passport by the time of applying, please send the copy as soon as you can. As soon as the Turkish students receive the visa, we would also like to receive the scan of your visa page.
5) a proposal – in OFFICE WORD - editable - format – of the Learning Agreement. A Template with names of responsible persons for the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences can be found here, and for the Faculty of Medical and Technical Sciences: here. After reviewing the proposed subjects, you will be able to give the final Learning Agreements for the signature at your University and send them by e-mail (or hard copy, if needed) to KPSW.
BEFORE COMING TO POLAND YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO:
1) Send a scan of the proof of your insurance that you will use during your stay in Poland. For the EU students this can be the E111 card, for the Turkish students the insurance which you buy while applying for your visa.
2) Nursing and physiotherapy students, or students who want to do practical placements in medical institutions, should send a copy of a valid Vaccination proof against Hepatitis B.
Nursing and physiotherapy students should bring with them the changing clothes for the medical placements - in light colours: white, but also light green, blue or pink. Changing shoes will also be required - also in light colour, with your toes covered, preferably, as well as a badge with your name and information "student".
The review of the Learning Agreements and issuing of the acceptance letters will be communicated no later than by 07.07.2022, by e-mail. If you wish to receive the original acceptance letter, please write so in an email providing an email address to which the letter should be sent.
Accommodation is booked upon acceptance at Students Halls of Residence, all international students who apply for accommodation – receive it.
The calendar for 2021/2022 academic year - both "winter" and "summer" semesters can be seen here. I'm adding the "winter" and "summer" in brackets, because in English language it is customary to give the semester names such as autumn or fall and spring - but in the Polish language we say winter semester (semester zimowy) and summer semester (semestr letni). Here we will use both versions.
The Welcome week for the students coming for the winter semester is going to be held from 26th to 30th September 2022. During the Welcome Week students will be able to learn about the School and the campus, integrate, get intercultural workshops and walk in the local surroundings to get to know the city of Jelenia Góra.
In the spring semester, the Welcome Days will start on 15th February 2022.
The Karkonosze University of Applied Sciences in Jelenia Góra, ul. Lwówecka 18, 58-506 Jelenia Góra